QuickBooks Online Browser Support
Internet Explorer 8 / Safari 5: Support has ended for these browsers. Click here for more information.
Internet Explorer 9: Upgrade to IE10 or higher is highly recommended, if possible.
Other Supported Browsers
- Internet Explorer 9* or higher (IE 10 or higher recommended)
- Safari 6.1 or higher (Safari 7 or higher recommended)
*IMPORTANT: For the new version of QuickBooks Online (which looks like this), IE9 is not supported. You will need to upgrade to IE10 or IE11.
Other Usable Browsers
QBO may be usable in browsers and/or browser versions other than the ones listed above. If you experience any browser or platform specific issue while using an unsupported browser, please report it on the forums. QBO support agents will not be able to help you with such issues. When using an unsupported browser, users should know -
- We are not actively testing QBO on that browser or developing for that browser
- We will be ignoring or not filing new bugs against that browser unless they are deemed necessary for QBO to function
- Any existing bugs specific to that browser will be de-prioritized and probably never be fixed unless they are deemed necessary for QBO to function
- Users can still call support if their issues happen irrespective of the kind of browser they use (eg: generic QBO/ accounting issues)
- Newer features may not be available or work in an unsupported browser
- We do not support our full desktop web app on mobile platforms, instead the mobile version is recommended.
Browsers that we block
We prevent QBO access on older browsers. Such browsers are blocked mostly due to issues, lack of testing, low market share and also simply because they are a good riddance from the web.
Chrome on any platform doesn’t require a 3rd party PDF plugin since it has one inbuilt.
Safari 6 or higher also has an inbuilt PDF plugin that can suffice under OSX.
Firefox has a PDF viewer extension that you can learn about at https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/view-pdf-files-firefox-without-downloading-them
Otherwise for windows you can use the Adobe PDF plugin from http://get.adobe.com/reader/ and try this 3rd party plugin for the Mac if the Adobe one doesn’t work - http://www.schubert-it.com/pluginpdf/
If you have browser specific issues, please report it on our forums (https://community.intuit.com) or call support.