Purchase Orders have finally arrived to a browser near you !
Recently we released one of QuickBooks Online’s most anticipated new feature : “Purchase Orders”.
Over the course of many months, the Purchase Order development team worked with focused intensity and determination to bring this oft-requested feature to life, talking to customers every step of the way to make sure that we were creating a feature that fulfilled your needs. So perhaps you’re wondering.
What’s a Purchase Order?
A purchase order, or “PO,” is a document you can send to a vendor/supplier, either electronically or as a hard copy. The PO states your intent to purchase products or services and defines the details of the purchase, such as quantities and prices. If your PO is accepted, it means you have an agreement to receive those products or services under the specified terms. See screen shot for details.
What’s cool about Purchase Orders in QuickBooks Online?
For QuickBooks Online Plus users and QuickBooks Online Edition users with the optional Sales package, here’s just a sample of the useful stuff you can do with Purchase Orders:
- Copy and link PO information to bills, checks, cash and credit card transactions
- Save a PO as a printable PDF file and email it to your vendor instantly
- Set automatic, recurring POs to send out periodically
- Customize the PO form with your company logo
- Add custom fields to define the terms of your order
- Include a personalized message with instructions for the vendor
- Make notes on your PO that only you can see (and the recipient cannot)
- View reports of all open POs and purchases by vendor
Ready to begin using Purchase Orders?
Check out our comprehensive knowledgebase article for tons of useful info on how to get started.
And since we really want to hear what you think about this new feature, please send us your feedback by clicking the “Beta!” button located at the top of the Purchase Order form. Happy purchasing!Explore posts in the same categories: Features